Thursday, February 21

He Strengthens Me

Cry out my heart, let the soreness slip away with the tears, the heaviness in my heart that weighs me down,
Negativity that sucks me into the deep abyss of despair; weakness and hopelessness surround.
My heart wants to holler at the mundane around me, to scream profanities at the foolishness around me,
Questions, questions, more questions I see, Peace, Hope and Faith, these virtues elude me.
There is a battle within, a war in my soul, as though my soul is two pieces of a whole,

I quell the voices within and the feeblest one, I pick,
The one that gently tells me not to fall for the Evil One's trick
To believe is a choice, a tough one to make, but I will make it for His Name sake,
Faith is the answer, His love is the key, I can do all for He strengthens me.

No comments: