Friday, April 10

Hmmm!

That title aptly describes my current state of mind. I have slipped into pondering mode. Just finished polishing off a plate of pazham pori...etekya appam for those from Kottayam side...Plaintain bhajjis for the Non-mallus and Banana Fritters for the completely uninitiated...I can't explain any further. I am not particularly a fan of these fritters...i am not fond of the fruit Banana in general and Kerala has a variety of these...I wish it had more varieties of orange which is my favourite fruit.
So you're probably wondering why then did I 'polish' of the entire plate...well the entire plate had just 4 fritters on it...they were piping hot and if you were enjoying Cochin weather currently you would have also gorged on these!
It is 6:30in the evening at Cochin and we have just had a nice little shower of rain, that has the atmosphere really nice and cool...I love the rains when I am sitting at home...the way one enjoys Delhi rains is with a hot cuppa Chai and some garma garm pakodas - in Cochin it is with a hot cuppa Chaaya and some amazing 'etekya appams'... different strokes for different folks....After that satisfying snacking...my tummy is all well- fed and saying..burp...
May be the title of the post ought to be Mmmm! and not Hmmm!

1 comment:

Tanishta said...

u hv set the dice rolling with ur post on yummy-yummy Plaintain bhajjis on a rainy day. Now that it has rained here also I too am gonna have the yummy pakodas...

missing u a lot Shilpa. Hope u r in the best of ur health and the child is also healthy and rocking to ur tunes :)