Thursday, January 17

Methinks

Have been doing a lot of thinking lately. lots of thoughts crossing my mind. you know sometimes my mind so full of things and keeps jumping from one thing to another, that i cannot concentrate. it is as though i am on this merry go-round and things are just whizzing past me. so methinks this post is going to be about all the things that i have been thinking about.
i thought a great deal about live-in relationships versus marriage, when a friend mentioned it. so is it becoming the preferred way of life? I think Convenience has taken over Commitment. Preferences now depend on this basic premise. I used to think that may be guys would prefer a live-in and not women. i presumed women were more hell-bent on the commitment aspect. then again, maybe they want a live-in to eventually become marriage. Or they probably want it only for societal reasons. i don't have too many thoughts on it...but i don't want to be judgemental without knowing the reasons as to why people prefer it that way. As for me, i am a stickler for marriage...guess I belong to the Archaic School of Thought.

God's also been speaking to me about being in His Light.When I say being in His light I am referring to 1 John 1. i have met so many people who are scared to make that commitment to Christ, i have begun to believe that it has a lot to do with walking in the Light. Walking in the Light means not only that God can see You but that You can see yourself in that light. And that Scares the Hell out of you!
it used to do that to me also. I made a commitment to Christ about a decade ago, before that i was just a Christian, but i really committed myself to Christ about a decade ago and I struggle in my Walk in the Light. Because You see yourself for who you are. You suddenly become transparent. God keeps convicting and congratulating you depending on your deed.So much so that many times, I can hear the Spirit tell me that this is wrong, I mean He shows it to me in His Light. There are some days I feel I look really ugly and somedays I feel so beautiful.
Commitment would definitely mean seeing yourself in His light. the awareness of the filth in the soul is painful and fearful.

God's also nudging me to think of my larger purpose. I have been asking God to help me find out what He wants me to achieve. Maybe even through this blog? He has been convicting me about this blog too. There are times when i think my aim becomes glorifying myself and not God through this blog. i mean i am thinking of how to make my blog more readable and try and use good vocabulary to impress. but that wasn't the purpose of Musings by Pottersclay.I should have thought hard and long when i named my blog. You see being Potter's Clay is tough.



No comments: